Doing business with a certified commercial linen and uniform service guarantees sustainability and quality of the items that are being handle. But do you know which certifications to look for when choosing a new linen and uniform service company? We have broken down several certifications by type as well as the industry each certification pertains to.
1. TRSA’s Hygienically Clean – This is a food service standard certification. This certification is beneficial for restaurants who utilize linens such as tablecloths, napkins, towels, chef uniforms, aprons, and other food industry specific products. This certification verifies that the laundered products are disinfected and pass bacteriological testing according to TRSA standards.
2. TRSA’s Hygienically Clean – Healthcare Certificate. This certification is similar to the food service standard but it is dedicated exclusively to the healthcare industry. The Hygienically Clean certification has strict disinfecting criteria that must be followed so clinics, hospitals, dental offices, and massage spas can rest assured their linen is free of any harmful bacteria.
3. Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC). The council consists of a Board of Directors which accredits laundries for processing linen in healthcare facilities. Linen companies can receive this certification by completing a required inspection process which reviews regulations by inspection of statements where a minimum of 90% are met.
4. OSHA Certification. This certification prevents spreading hazardous materials from contaminated laundry. This certification is awarded after procedures are followed correctly based on the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard procedures. Following these procedures makes sure companies have the right protective equipment and laundry does not contain sharps or hazardous chemicals. There should not be prolonged exposure to loud noise, heat and preventative measures should be taken towards fire hazards, slips/trips/falls, and latex injury.
5. TRSA’s Clean Green Certification. TRSA has another certification called Clean Green which guarantees resource conservation and controlling sewer discharge. It is a more environmentally beneficial certification focused on water and energy conservation. The electricity and lighting is energy-efficient and solids and liquids are clean from wastewater.
6. NFSI (National Floor Safety Institute) Product Certification certifies that products are slip-resistant ad have high-traction, this is useful for industrial floor mats, to insure slip and fall prevention.
Overall, the certifications provided grant businesses searching for commercial laundry a feeling of protection for whatever industry they are in. Whether you require surgical towels for a hospital and require them to be clean from bacteria or floor mats for an automotive shop that prevent slip and fall injuries, these certifications have your business covered to prevent these accidents from occurring.
If you have more questions on certifications you may visit us at LaundryCompliance.com